What admission essays are and how to pass it
An admission essay or an application essay is an essay or other written statement required by a college, university or graduate school to all its applicants who want to get into it. The essay is a common part of the admissions process. Depending on which school or university you are applying for, you may be required to write one or more essays to be completed. Some make it optional or supplementary.
The essay topics you will be asked to write will have a wide range from something quite specific to something that is a little open-ended. Some of the common topics include career aspirations, academic strengths and weaknesses, past experiences, and reasons why you want to get into the school of your choice or even why you should get into that school in the first place. Depending on the school’s requirement, you can go traditional in your writing style or get creative.
There are three common types of writing you will be required to produce during the admissions process:
- Some admissions processes require several short answer responses to some questions on the actual form. It will then prompt the student applicant with around five essay questions to which he will select one to answer.
- Some admissions processes require student applicants to prepare short responses based on each institution’s questions and prompts. In which case, several different essays may need to be written.
- Some admissions processes require student applicants to submit two to three separate essays in response to prompts, especially when applying to graduate schools or professional programs.
In any case and with the amount of students applying every year, each admission essay or application essay has to be exceptional. It must stand out in a pool of essays submitted in the admissions department, with each one trying to be better than the other.
So what then is an exception admission essay? First and foremost, an exceptional essay has to be responsive to the question asked. Second, it has to reveal something that your grades or test scores will not be able to show – your personality – that little extra that makes you stand out in a crowd. It should be able to paint a good picture of who and what you are as a student and as a person, and what you can offer to the academe.
To write an exceptional essay, you can follow these easy steps:
- Brainstorm on how to start with the essay. Think about the end product and how you will get there. Check what your strengths are and how you can highlight or showcase that.
- Prepare an outline and start writing. Some student applicants find it hard to finish an essay because they edit as they write. A technique is to just let it flow, finish a draft, and edit when you get to the end of it. Make sure all your points and ideas are included in the essay so you can just weed out and keep the good ones afterwards.
- Be aware of the three major parts of an essay – the introduction, body, and conclusion. Your introduction should be able to make your reader have a glimpse on what the whole essay is about. If the question is looking for a specific answer, include the direct answer here. The body is an elaboration of your introduction and where you will put all the details that will support your answer. The conclusion is basically a summary of the entire essay. You can also repeat your answer here for emphasis.
- Some answers involve many different answers but always ensure that, when writing, they become one coherent answer that is focused on one or few things. Always remember that a good essay is specific and comprehensible.
- Do not be afraid to be creative. While some colleges or universities require formal essays, it does not mean you cannot get a little creative. The purpose of an essay is for you to showcase something that your grades will not be able to. So go ahead, put a little personality in it that is reflective of who and what you are both as a student and person.
- Honesty always works because when you are telling the truth, it is easier for ideas and words to flow. So go ahead and be honest about what your best qualities are. Do not just think about what they want to hear or read from the essay. Write something that you want them to hear or read.
- When you are done, do not be afraid to ask your family and friends for their feedback. A second opinion helps and errors are often noticed by someone from the outside. They could help you polish your essay and improve it accordingly.
- Never forget to proofread. Make sure that your final draft is error free and grammatically correct.
How EvoEssay.com can help you write your admission essay
Our writers understand how admission essays are a crucial part to the admissions process. When you are unable to write your application essay for various reasons such as time constraints or the lack of confidence in your writing skills, you can always avail of EvoEssay.com’s Admission Services. We guarantee a quality and reliable admission essay that will help you get into the school of your dreams.
Our writers will work with you to accomplish the following:
- Write perfect and creative short responses to application questions, or as required by the college or university you are applying for;
- Discuss which among the questions to choose from will best reflect who you are and what you can offer; and
- Create powerful and stunning essays that will stand out from among a pile of generic essays.
Aside from that, you can expect to receive an original, personalized essay within a given period that will truly make an impact to your application. Plus, our prices are affordable and fair based on your requirements.
Order an admission essay from EvoEssay.com now. For more information related to our Admission Services, you can click on the links below: